Product Development Manager
- Recommend and develop product ranges within the framework of the companys margin, product brand and car parc coverage strategies.
- Work closely with other departments covering part number creation, brand selection, market pricing taking into account profit margin requirements, cross referencing, catalogue linking, assisting with product identification and dealing with queries.
- Assist in maximising the gross margin by working in conjunction with the purchasing department to resolve any pricing issues and improve the companyâ€™s overall purchasing terms whilst maintaining the quality brand / product level to meet the companys strategy.
- Create and collate data for the companys printed catalogues as and when a new version is to be updated/ created.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the companys electronic catalogue.
- Assist with enquiries from purchasing and sales departments to any product related issues including pricing, warranty, technical issues, identification, cross references etc.
- Assist with the stock management and stock cleanse activity in conjunction with the purchasing department to meet the companys requirements.
Any additional duties that are deemed necessary to achieve the targets set by the company and may involve for example:
- Travel to customers, branches and trade fairs
- Training courses
- Supplier meetings
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Marketing, Stock control, Automotive industry (preferred)
- Be detailed and results oriented.
- Thorough knowledge of the business or commercial market.
- Be proficient in using computer applications and software.
- Have strong negotiating skills.
- Be able to network and develop key relationships.
- Be observant and resourceful.
- Be methodical.
- Communicate effectively through written or verbal mediums.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION: Be willing to attend business meetings in the UK and overseas.
If you would like to apply for any of these roles please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to HR@faiauto.com