After the latest COVID-19 announcement from the British government, further guidance on the way we go about our lives has been issued. Many businesses that are classified as non-essential will now have to close except those that are crucial in the COVID-19 response.
To help maintain road transportation during these efforts, FAI will remain operational to ensure that the supply is there for any demand created from vehicle servicing, repair and MOT across the country. This decision has been made solely to help keep emergency services, key workers and other essential service vehicles on the road.
We are fully committed to maintaining business as usual whilst continuously monitoring official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England. We continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure both the safety of our customers and our teams. If the government stance changes and our services no longer fall within the essential category, we will close until advised otherwise.
Following government guidelines, we have undertaken the following measures:
- Our staff have been educated on the virus and how to minimise transmission through regular hand washing and hygiene.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed at the entrances and exits of the building with every member of staff advised on effective hand washing.
- Gloves and masks provided to staff on-site.
- Individual and interdepartmental social distancing.
- Regular temperature testing of employee's that need to be on site.
- Work-from-home rota's have been implemented where possible.
- The cleaning routine of our facilities has been improved, especially in higher traffic areas.
- Our staff must inform us if they have been on holiday or travelled abroad recently.
- Any member of staff showing symptoms will be instructed to self-isolate for the recommended period.
- All face to face meetings have been cancelled/postponed in favour of remote video calling.
We will update you if our current situation alters but, in the meantime, stay safe.
Kind Regards, The FAI Team.